FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Clement Monterey Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:08 pm
rdh0924

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Stayed here recently for two nights for a "mini-moon" as my wife and I are taking a delayed honeymoon in May.

We booked a king bed partial ocean view. I am a Spire Ambassador, but I also reached out in advance to see if there was availability for a complimentary two-level upgrade to a junior king suite with partial ocean view. Gabriela Garcia, the assistant front desk manager, was wonderful and accommodated. She also offered a luxury oceanfront king suite for an extra $200 plus tax. I bit on that offer and it was worth every penny. (We were actually on one paid night and then a uncapped IHG Select card night - my last one - and Gabriela upgraded us the second night as well at no additional cost.)

The luxury king suite is fresh with plenty of natural light We didn't use the living room much, but really enjoyed the balcony. The views were spectacular! You're literally directly over the water (see second photo below). We were in Room 401 and I would highly recommend requesting it. Far from Bubba Gump's...very quiet and tranquil.