FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid but Refundable Rate
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:52 am
JohnneeO

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by thetaxman
I'm with the OP on this - last three bookings have all had exactly the same conflicting terms. I think the reason is that they only have a limited number of "headers" for the rate categories - Standard, Deals & Package and Pre-Pay & Save - and that within that last category are rates that are both refundable and non-refundable depending on the specific property, dates etc. This was the language that seems to be at the heart of the issue from a dummy booking I just did and this seems to be where the confusion is - the first and second bullet points seem to be at odds with each other.

Cancelling Your Reservation

• Changes to your reservation are not permitted. Please note that you may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 10, 2019.
  • Please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable
It seems like there are two separate things here. One is cancellation, meaning there is no charge to back out of your reservation. The second is that your prepayment is non-refundable. In other words, you won't be charged any additional fees to back out of your reservation at the time you cancel, but you will forfeit any prepayment.

I don't think that these are conflicting terms. I would view these terms as fully non-refundable.