FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:45 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IndoorCamper
Thank you everyone for your replies, that was quick!

I took a look at the offerings Marriott had for the area, and the good options all seem to be booked up for award travel. The top choices, Courtyard Tokyo Station, Ginza, Prince Gallery, were all unavailable. The Ritz was available, but it would be 400K Bonvoy (8.3K USD, 2 CPP). I can't justify spending my points a great hotel experience when I would be out for most of the day anyway.

I currently have the Westin Tokyo booked for 5 nights with SNA applied(180K Bonvoy, ~2,200 USD, 1.22 CPP). But I'm strongly considering switching to the Hyatt Regency Tokyo for the standard room (60K Hyatt, ~1.5K USD, 2.5 CPP). I was initially concerned about maximizing hotel perks (lounge, bfast and alcohol offerings), but I've begun to reconsider if I want to even eat that much hotel food. It would be foolish to over-rely on the hotel food options when there's great cuisine nearby. Fingers crossed for a decent upgrade at the Hyatt. Too bad SNA aren't transferable between programs haha

Thanks for the pics, I missed those somehow.
Remember that one Hyatt point is not the same as one Hyatt point. Moreover, to me, 5000 Hyatt points would be a lot to pay for breakfast, although of course it depends on the number of people, I consider the Westin breakfast (which can be either the big buffet in the restaurant, which is sometimes crowded, or the lounge buffet) much better than the HR club lounge breakfast, which I found to be disappointing.

Have you considered the LC Prince hotel (NOT PG) near Shinagawa station? Price Gallery is nice, although IMO it's not a great location, but Starriott elites no longer get lounge access there, nor can we use SNAs.