FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (2018-2022 archive)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:11 pm
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Question as it relates to what is actually bookable with AA for CX awards.

I'm seeing close in availability for CX flights on Asia Miles (I get that this may not be available with Aadvantage as it's their own capacity which they may not release to partners)

I'm seeing close in availability for CX flights on QF and JL, but I'm not seeing the same availability on AA.com.

In the past I'd call and expect to be given (more or less) the same availability with Aadvantage as I'd see on JL's system.

My question, in folks experience since AA opened up CX space on AA.com:
-Is what's online the only available capacity AA will 'sell' an award or is there more available via phone with the web being selective/broken?

Appreciate any insights.
So, calling worked in the past but not you did not try calling? I would suggest trying to call.

There is definitely something wrong with some CX online availability on AA. I investigated a close in date NYC-HKG. I would say either AA availability for CX is broken, at least online, in some situations or AA is blocking some CX awards. Best thing to do is call and see if it is available by phone. If that is broken or blocked too then you would have to look to other partners to book those flights (or maybe complain to AA and trust them to fix it).