FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting from Terminal 2E to 2F at CDG
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:30 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Hi, everyone, I am flying DL Thursday into CDG, Terminal 2E. I am staying overnight at an airport hotel and then flying out Friday to CMN on AF. I got an email today that said I could check my luggage one day ahead of time at the AF Section 2 in Terminal 2F since I have SkyPriority.

I am am thinking about going straight to the AF Terminal in 2F upon arrival, checking my baggage and just going to my hotel with my carryon.

My questions: 1) has anyone done this before and if so was the process easy? and 2) is it easy to get from 2E to 2F? I did look at a map of Terminal 2 CDG and can’t determine if it is easy to navigate 2E to 2F.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give me. In case it matters (and it probably doesn’t), DL and AF are two separate tix.
I strongly suspect that you cannot check bags 24 hours in advance for a DL (USA carrier) operated TATL flight to the USA, although you might be able to check the bag through from your European airport on AF.

CANCEL THAT. I see how that you're connecting from a DL TATL flight to the AF flight. You need to follow arrivals and go through immigration (passport control) and customs (after baggage claim) and then walk to the right(if you're facing the baggage belts from the curb) and up one level to get from 2E arrivals to 2F departures. If you look for the scarce elevators, you can do it with a baggage cart without using stairs or an escalator. Everything can be done inside, although you might decide to go outside and walk along the curb part of the way to get some fresh air. Outside should be under a roof. When you get to 2F departures level be sure to look for SkyPriority and not the check in area listed for your flight. (The same goes for the return trip from 2E, where it makes a big difference to find the SkyPriority area.)

However, if your airport hotel is the Sheraton, you will be walking right past the Sheraton and it could make sense to check in and drop your carry on items along the way....or you could decide that it's not worth the effort to check your bag a day in advance for the AF flight.

Some of the other hotels require you to use a sort of mini tram to a station where a bunch of hotels are clustered. Other hotels use (free) shared shuttle buses (several routes) from what seems to be the roof of the airport. For these, look for the train station or Sheraton and then find the signposts for the elevator going up to the shuttle stop. Unfortunately the airport hotel shuttle service seems infrequent and doesn't operate according to a regular schedule IME.

BTW, CDG has lots of free baggage carts, although you cannot take them into the Sheraton or on escalators and you're not supposed to use them on the moving walkways between terminals 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, and 2F.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 8, 2019 at 9:14 pm