FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Charleston/Historic District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:29 am
nevansm

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed at the HH last weekend. Arrived around 330pm and room was not ready, but within 15 min I had the keys. Was given a 1 BR suite with a view of the U-Haul lot. AC was FANTASTIC, and that takes a lot to get that from me. I set it to 66 and it was there within an hour. WiFi was fast, and room in good shape.

Breakfast was the average HH breakfast, though interestingly they break up the two properties breakfast areas. Nothing stopping you from going to the other, and not sure there was actually any difference. There's a serviceable bar in the shared lobby with a friendly bartender but high-ish prices for Charleston. In addition, the bar closes at 11, which seems a bit early.

The joint properties are literally right off King street, so you can easily get a drink or food within a 5 min walk.

Overall, this property was fine for a bed for the night, though I was disappointed they didn't allow pets as my local friend wanted to stay downtown with her dog but couldn't. As for rates, Charleston seems pretty odd. 6 weeks out rooms were $250-$300. I actually booked a Marriott instead where I was able to get a low-ish rate. Then I checked 2 weeks out and a great rate of $133 was available at the HH. Guess YMMV.