FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:00 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
Let me add some information on this trip which I hope can answer any and all questions (if not please let me know).

On October 30th I'll be flying from South Dakota to San Francisco then leaving SFO at 4:15pm the 30th for CDG arriving at 11:10am on Oct 31st. I then leave CDG for MLE at 8:50pm October 31st landing in MLE at 10:45am Nov 1. I'll spend 48 hours in the Maldives then fly Sri Lankan Air to Bangkok leaving at 9:10pm on Nov 3rd on overnight flight arriving in Bangkok on Nov 4th at 6:20 am. I'll leave Bangkok on Nov 5th for Singapore on Singapore Airlines at 11:30am and land in SIN at 2:50pm. I'll fly out of SIN on Nov 6th on Garuda Airline's at 11:50am and arrive in DPS at 2:05pm Nov 6th. I'll spend two days in Bali then fly out on Garuda Airlines at 7:05pm on Nov 8th for Jakarta, landing at 8:05p Nov 8th. I'll have a 3:50 layover in Jakarta then switch planes to fly on China Eastern at 11:40pm and arriving in PVG at 6:55am on Nov 9th. I'll then have a 4:35 layover in PVG flying out on China Eastern at 11:30am Nov 9th direct to JFK, arriving in JFK at 1:25pm Nov 9th. I'll then have two more segments same day getting me back home to FSD by 9:47pm on Nov 9th.

I am flying Business on all segments.

Appreciate your time and answers.

I do have Global Entry as well for once I land in JFK. I also have PRE and CLEAR if that matters.
Assuming a USA passport, you should be fine. However, bring hard copies of the tickets and PNRs (reservations).

I suspect your first flight is DL, so be prepared for hassles. It would be good to bring printouts from TIMATIC and any other sources you can find that seem to support your TWOV eligibility. Try to get the DL agent who is verifying documents to list China as transit and not destination or stopover airports, but they might just swipe, so you might want to examine the fare construction on your ticket and be prepared to argue.