FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Escape at Dannemora" - The AC hidden gems on IFE Master Thread
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:00 am
canopus27

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
"Escape at Dannemora" - The AC hidden gems on IFE Master Thread

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while.

I like watching TV shows & miniseries on the AC IFE ... they come in small (hour long) chunks, so good for watching on flights of various lengths, or in between naps - but they can include shows that span 8-10 hours in total, so good for watching on longer flights, too.

AC has, over the years, put some real gems on their IFE system - in many cases, shows that I had never heard of before, and only stumbled across by accident.

Some of the amazng shows & miniseries that I've discovered via the AC IFE in the past: The Night Manager, Orphan Black, Killing Eve, Cardinal - in some cases the shows went on to get huge publicity (Killing Eve), but in some cases they remained (mostly) hidden.

The purpose of this thread is to let your fellow FTers know that the gems are there. There are plenty of TV & Moview review web sites - that's not the purpose of this thread, nor will it survive if the thread becomes a critical debate about the merits of any one show. I think a brief review of the show your enjoyed - at least the genre, and a high level description - is reasonable ... and, of course, where on the AC IFE system you found it.

-----

So, to start: This past week I finished watching "Escape at Dannemora". It's a 7 part miniseries, based on a real event - a prison escape from 2015. The series spans multiple months leading up to the escape, showing how it was planned, executed, and the consequences.

The whole series was really well done. It was on a 787 (so, the full IFE catalog), and you can find it in the "TV Shows" under "Drama".