FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why All The Hate Towards Wyndham
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:56 pm
Cyberian

Programs: IHG Spire
Since my work schedule usually puts me on a late swing/ early graveyard shift and sometimes 16+ hour days, most promotions like Choice's stay two get one or get gift card are just not feasible so my primary focus is price with amenities and points value for what I'm spending.

In Hartford CT, Hawthorn won hands down over Quality inn/Suites, Days Inn, Best Western, or Red Roof and from stays alone 'll be Wyndham Diamond for the next 5 years if I never stay in one again

In KC MO/KS, with *far* more extended stay options, IHG is winning my $ with a new property and rates comparable to Hawthorn. Great big new room and I almost always get the same parking spot. 1/2 the points of other IHG properties but it's fine and may well be "home" until Christmas. I can literally see the Bonvoy property right across the street from my jobsite at work, but my per-Diem can't justify the 2X expense of the short commute...

In Parsippany NJ, Wyndham's home town, I book Bonvoy because the Wyndhams are so bad and Bonvoys are within reason there