FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do I have to give credit card # when using points or free night award?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jphripjah
They tell me that if I no show, they will take the points or certificate from me, they won't charge the card.
That's not Marriott's policy:

3.2.c. The standard guarantee and cancellation policies of a Participating Property will apply to Award Redemption Stay reservations including, without limitation, all minimum length of stay requirements, credit card guarantee requirements and charges for late cancellation, no-shows, and early check-out.

i. A Point refund may be issued for a stay that is less than the number of days on the Redemption Award, but the Member must inform the Participating Property’s front desk in advance of the early check-out time in order for the Point refund to be issued to the Member’s Account.

ii. if a Member fails to cancel a guaranteed Award Redemption Stay reservation within the permitted cancellation period, the Participating Property will charge the applicable cancellation fee to the credit card provided by the Member at the time the reservation was made and the Points that were redeemed will be re-deposited into the Member’s Account.
Nor Hyatt's

Award Reservations are subject to the cancellation policy of the applicable hotel or resort. These policies vary by hotel and resort and each hotel’s and resort’s cancellation policy can be found on the page for that hotel or resort within hyatt.com (or miraval.com, as applicable), by calling the hotel or resort directly, or by contacting a Hyatt Global Contact Center. (Please see hyatt.com for contact information.) If a Member cancels an Award Reservation in compliance with the applicable hotel’s or resort’s cancellation policy, any corresponding points that have been deducted from the Member’s account will be returned to the account within approximately three (3) days of the cancellation. If a Member does not follow the proper cancellation policy for the applicable hotel or resort or if a Member does not check into the hotel or resort when scheduled, the credit card provided with the Award Reservation will be charged in accordance with the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation or no-show policy and any points redeemed for the applicable Award Reservation will be returned to the Member’s account.
Nor Hilton's

All Reward Stay reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Stay reservations. No-shows or cancellations of Reward Stay reservations outside of the timeframe set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's Best Available Rate for that date. General cancellation policy: cancel 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties. Additional cancellation policies are established by each individual hotel and may differ from the general cancellation policy; in that case, the hotel's individual cancellation policy applies.

Last edited by mia; Oct 5, 2019 at 4:16 pm