FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:06 pm
ianmanka

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisl137
You mean Lot C on 96th? That's been gone for a while now. That might still be the bus station.

Probably.

I suspect that the central queue will go much better than everyone fears. The current situation is already unworkable if it takes 30 minutes to get from the rideshare waiting lot to the pickup at T7 at 11pm (which it sometimes does).

I probably have travel returning to LAX on the 29th, so I'm tempted to try it and see what a mess it is on day 1.
Lot C was replaced by Lot E, which is next to the Proud Bird restaurant on Aviation (halfway to the Green Line rail station). However, they still run a LAX Bus Center bus "C" to the bus terminal (which used to be next to Lot C on 96th). They still run a bus to the Metro Green Line (now "M" instead of "G").

I, too, think that it will greatly improve things for most travelers.

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
Yeah I guess it was Lot C and the map does not say if its a bus terminal , but there must be one in the area , not sure if the LAX shuttle goes there now or how often

Just trying to think of a way to get out of the central loop of LAX that everyone else would not be on ,

Dozens of people at each terminal with luggage waiting for the shuttle to Uber/Lyft/Taxi area will not be fun .
If you're able/have little luggage, just walk -- they've made great improvements to wayfinding and pedestrian access and that will be the fastest as opposed to the bus system.

Originally Posted by seat38a
I really liked how BOS has it setup in the parking garage. Here's some pictures. The experience was a complete 180 from the total CF at EWR the previous month.
LAS has a similar system and initially it was quite good - the driver would be assigned a berth and it would be sent to the user. My last trip to Vegas was much worse, don't know what changed in the system, but it looks like a similar approach is being used at LAX.