FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wierd One, My DL, but the RR shows someone else's name
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:00 pm
MacGuruTX

Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
Wierd One, My DL, but the RR shows someone else's name

So.. I'm a Hertz PC. Was in Nashville picked up a car on Tuesday. showed my DL at the gate, usual questions, they hand me the RR record printout and I toss it on the seat...
Bring the car back this morning at 0700 to catch my flight home to Vegas.

Filling out my expense report for the trip and still don't have my Hertz receipt, log on and it's not there. Now I'm concerned they didn't actually check the car in. I happened to have grabbed the RR printout when i was getting out of the car and tossed in my suitcase.

Go grab that before i call hertz since they usually ask for the RR# and not the reservation number.,

Discover it has the name of another 5 star, Michael French (are you out there?)

So I call Hertz Customer Service, and explain the situation. I'd hate to screw Michael into having to argue about it. Or if he has an RR with my name on it for some other rental rate.
Hertz CS tells me oh. I would advise you to go back to the location and see what they can do. Uh, no, I'm in Las Vegas and they are in Nashville. I'm not going back to Nashville to figure this out.
"Ok, Well you should call them". Do you have the actual number to call them at? "hold on." then spent 5 minutes while they dug around for a phone number...

but then of course that phone number has IVR on it. And all of those choices route back to the 800 number...

Grrr...