FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBP Screening Passengers in Jetway on Domestic Flight
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:09 am
OUTraveling

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
The response to those kinds of questions will be me reciting the 5th Amendment and asking if I am being detained. Our Constitution is VERY CLEAR on these types of attempted infringements. The government is already a leviathan and does not need to entrench its tenticles into the private affairs of the People of the United States any further.

Originally Posted by Section 107
Pretty sure is not good enough. Be very careful when recording public servants (or anyone for that matter) because what is permitted and not permitted depends upon the jurisdiction. While it is legal to take video of public employees performing their jobs in public it is frequently NOT legal to record the audio of those same employees' conversations. In addition, while some jurisdictions allow one-party consent others require two-party consent to record audio. In practice, it is VERY difficult to take video with a phone without also capturing audio. This has led to persons being being arrested and the recording device impounded for videotaping a law enforcement officer doing something illegal.
At least in Michigan, we are allowed to record police.

Honestly, these types on infringements are reprehensible. If they continue, I may have to vote for policies to reduce the government "to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub".

Last edited by OUTraveling; Oct 4, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: AutoCorrect has a dirty mind.