FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBP Screening Passengers in Jetway on Domestic Flight
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:40 am
mysterym

Originally Posted by Section 107
Pretty sure is not good enough. Be very careful when recording public servants (or anyone for that matter) because what is permitted and not permitted depends upon the jurisdiction. While it is legal to take video of public employees performing their jobs in public it is frequently NOT legal to record the audio of those same employees' conversations. In addition, while some jurisdictions allow one-party consent others require two-party consent to record audio. In practice, it is VERY difficult to take video with a phone without also capturing audio. This has led to persons being being arrested and the recording device impounded for videotaping a law enforcement officer doing something illegal.
i think that LEO in a public place = you can record both video and audio in any state in the USA

don't confuse wire tapping / surveillance cameras / secret recordings with a public place, LEO, and holding a camera in your hand

now whether an airport is considered a public place, i am not sure but regardless, pretty sure you can record the police

correct me if i am wrong though, i won't take offense

also might be a good time to check your device to make sure that its automatically uploading a copy of the video in case your device magically disappears, gets destroyed, impounded, etc

if you can please post some recent cases of a private person arrested for recording a LEO and charges upheld, please do share

Last edited by mysterym; Oct 4, 2019 at 10:48 am