FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting segments on same ticket to different *A FF program
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:23 pm
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by KLouis
The easiest solution: Don't include any FF info in your booking and either ask at the CI desk to put it in or retro claim. I'm aware that this may not solve all of your problems but I can't think of a way to include two different FF programs in a single ticket. Others may, though...
Originally Posted by andywaw
Yes, the best strategy is to get a clean BP at OLCI and then retro claim each segment to add your selected FFP.
Yeah, I had thought of that, but I'd also like to use some AC eupgrade credits for the first segment, and you need to have the AC FF number to be able to request an upgrade. I guess it's an option if I want to forego using upgrade credits.

Originally Posted by D582
If the segments are book with operating airline flight number (i.e. AC, NZ, NZ. AC), then this should be possible to do by having the agent specify the FQTV for AC to be AC and for NZ to be UA. It may even be possible by segment. If it's booked as codeshares (i.e. NZ*AC, NZ, NZ, NZ*AC). then it's much harder to do.

Whether you will get a competent agent from NZ who knows how to do this is a different matter.
Yes, it's ticketed using the operating carrier flight numbers, so the AC segment is AC, and NZ segment is a NZ flight number. For the outbound, I'll actually need to check in first with AC for the AC segment and then I'll need to check in separately with NZ in LAX for the NZ segment, as it's >24 hours between the flights. Thanks for the suggestion on the FQTV field.