FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Weekend in the Canadian Rockies: Banff National Park
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:10 pm
ChiefNWA

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
The continued on from the base of Lake Agnes to hike to the Big Beehive. I wasn't quite prepared to walk through snow (more like compact ice) so I was all over the place trying to get through it.

The hike up was rather steep and involved about a dozen switchbacks. It took me about an hour.

Looking back.

Looking back down at Lake Louise (my starting point) from the Big Beehive. Just look at that water color.

Fairmont Chateau at Lake Louise.

After some time at the top, I started my way back down.

Hiking back through the snow.

Back at the base of Lake Agnes.

Lake Agnes.

Great views coming back down.

Back down at the base of Lake Louise.

I lucked out and rolled up to Morant's Curve right as a train was passing by. Another photographer there said he had been waiting for almost two hours. Trains are usually pretty common sight here but Canada Day weekend meant limited service.

Morant's Curve.

After Morant's Curve, I headed over to Lake Minnewanka. Last time I was here, we rented a boat and hung out on the lake for a few hours. Being solo this time, I decided against that and decided just to look around and take in the scenery.

Lake Minnewanka is the 2nd longest lake in the Canadian Rockies.

Lake Minnewanka.

I then stopped at the nearby Two Jack Lake where I had my stowed away Subway dinner.

Big Horn Sheep.

Fairmont Banff Springs.

I decided to shoot sunset at Vermillion Lakes as it was decently close to my campsite. The view of Mount Rundle was great but I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Mount Rundle at sunset.

I was up at 4:30AM the next morning to catch the first flight to Minneapolis from Calgary. Overall, this was a fantastic trip and one I had been looking forward to for years. Two days isn't nearly enough time, so another trip is already being planned for in the future. There are a ton of hikes in the park (and neighboring Yoho and Jasper parks) that I'd like to do as well.