FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best transatlantic premium economy?
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:05 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Now we're getting off-topic here. The reason I'm asking for JV airlines only is that since that mostly file the same fare, as a traveller you have the choice between only those at the same fare. This is also the case at the route I'm looking at currently.

I suggest a mod delete this and yours message as they don't belong to this thread.

That's certainly one of the more ridiculous mod requests I'm sure they get. Mine was a very valid point. The JV fares are not necessarily the cheapest all the time, the fact that they file together is irrelevant. That only means that they will be the same price, it does not mean that SK, SQ, LO, etc. can't come in and beat their price as soon as they file it.. (it happens all the time and SQ especially runs very aggressive pricing in premium cabins on 5th freedom routes quite frequently).

And sorry, it's quite far from being off-topic. Look at your own thread title, it says Best transatlantic premium economy? I'm not the first one in the thread to point out that solely looking at JV carriers is flawed in your comparison.

So, would you rather fly UA Premium Plus than SK, SQ, or LO just because it's a JV carrier even though the new premium economy product on UA completely sucks? Totally ignoring the fact that in many markets SK or LO many be hundreds of dollars cheaper than any of the JV carriers for a product superior to UA?