FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:45 am
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes as noted by wilsnunn I think you are referring to the avios equivalent of AUPs - I don't think anyone has managed to argue they are good value! However, if you do want to upgrade using avios I would suggest looking at upgrading using avios (UuA) which is at much better rates (off the top of my head I think around 18-20,000 for one way on that route).
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And for clarity, the prices for these airport upgrades is very different from the prices for normal upgrades using Avios.

AFAIK, a UuA from Club to First on LHR-IAD remains 20,000 one-way (or 18,000 if it's an off-peak date) - see the chart in Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition
Indeed from the experience of people in that thread, BA are charging you 1 Avios per 0.5p, thus your approx 110,000 Avios upgrade from CW to F would be indicative of a £550 approx AuP price.