FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local food experiences!
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:54 pm
Fragola

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
I went on a winery tour in Medoza, Argentina where we were shuttled to each place by bus. It was convenient and not that expensive.

As for food, I did a multiday cycling tour that turned out to be just me and one other solo traveler. Our guide ordered dinner each night and the food was much different than the typical pad thai street food or anything I ordered in a restaurant on my own,

In Sri Lanka my tour group did a home stay where the couple prepared and served dinner home style. It was more interesting and simpler than the typical restaurant meal.

In Florence, Italy my group accompanied a truffle hunter and is dog to dig up truffles which we later took a local restaurant and learned a few steps in making pasta from scratch. The kitchen finished things off and served our mushroom truffle pasta with freshly grated truffle that "hunted" earlier that day.

In Japan I went to a Japanese tea ceremony to see how it was prepared and practiced whisking it ourselves. None of us met the exacting standards of the tea master. We were also served traditional sweets which consisted mostly of various cookies or wafers sandwiching red bean paste.