FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The randomness of BA pricing.....
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:43 pm
DorsetKnob

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
The randomness of BA pricing.....

Now thanks to a lot of the contributions on the site I have come to expect the unexpected & picked up on a few tricks to get lower flight prices. This weeks experience has even confused me as to the logic & how the pricing works even though it stems from what I've learnt here.

Was thinking of a trip to New England in a few weeks time, so thought maybe could find a good price on a couple of CW seats to Boston. Nothing decent to be had. Selected flights even added a car & nope no different. Left it a week & thought I'd look again this time went through the first page of BA selecting the flight & car option rather than flight then adding car after. Suddenly...………. what happened there? This can't be correct. Go back recheck I've not missed anything silly... nope all seems correct. Go back out...check flights alone.... yep similar pricing to what I'd seen before. Add the car at that point nope still same higher pricing.

How can it be that selecting 2 CW seats with a car, offers you 2 1st seats with a car, for 2500 less than 2 CW seats booked on their own or around 3000 less than 2 CW seats with the car added after flight selection.

Needless to say we are off in a few weeks to New England in 1st with a car for 10 days.