FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 45 CDG-JFK : Confirming AA's lousy service
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:23 pm
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm sorry I just don't believe that if the FA skipped over you and if you said excuse me miss/sir but you forgot to take my order they'd roll their eyes. Possibly if they asked and you were so engrossed in something you ignored their original request. I certainly don't see a FA grabbing the plate away from you with fork and knife still in hand. Sure if you're slowly eating (as I do because flying is the only time I ever seem to eat a meal slowly) they might think you're done. Simply say "oh I'm still working on that."

I find that if you treat the FAs well and professionally (they are not flying waitresses) they're treat you right. Sure some are not much into their job, might even hate their job. Those kind of people are everywhere in every profession. BTW most flight crew have no clue who is upgraded or paid and they really don't care. They know what the service is for a premium cabin for a particular flight, what the Y service is. Sometimes you get service plus, sometimes you barely get the service. I've seen grannies hustle up and down Y constantly offering drink refills and even seconds on snacks. I've seen 20 somethings have no interest in anything other than their phone.

I've seen sometimes how FAs get treated in the premium cabins. I've seen FAs ask for desired beverage or meal choice only to be barked at by some DYKWIA type. If I had to put up with what they put up I'd might be a bit surly too. Of course management shoving more seats into the a/c making sure that each seat has a butt then finding a way to charge for everything makes the experience like ridding the NYC subway at 5PM.