FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Eagle ERJ-145 / ER4 Seating Advice / Best Seats (consolidated)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:28 pm
eletrobank

Embraer ERJ-145 or avoid?

The flight options for a trip I'm planning are pretty limited. It's about a 2 hour flight on an Embraer ERJ-145 with AA, which is the shortest option. Or a 3.5 hour travel time with a connection through Delta on a regular sized plane. Or drive 3 hours and get a direct 2 hour flight on a regular sized plane through JetBlue. I don't care about the quality of the plane, snacks, in flight entertainment, or any other frills. All I care about is that the flight is smooth because I get crazy nervous when flying through turbulence. I know it's a crapshoot as to whether there is turbulence on your flight. But do you feel the turbulence stronger on an Embraer ERJ-145? And is it scarier to experience on a smaller plane? Or does it feel no difference than a regular size plane like an airbus? I'm flown them in the past but that was back when I didn't mind flying that much and the flights were smooth. If you were a very nervous flyer, which of the 3 flights would you take? Thanks!