FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me find an electrical chord in Shanghai
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:33 am
Internaut

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by trueblu
I would go to concierge in your hotel and ask them to either a) order it online on their phones and you pay them, or b) recommend an electrical store. Ideally, get them to call the shop to explain what you're looking for. Do NOT just take a photo of what you're looking for. Instead, ask the concierge to write a note saying you are looking for the charger cable for X camera. Then take the note and the actual camera with you to the ship.

The key thing that honestly, confused me, is that it seems at first that you are just looking for a plug adapter by showing that link. But it seems you are actually looking for the charging cable thingy. I would hazard that many people when you show them that picture might think the same.

tb
Seems I've done a good job of confusing everyone :-/. Once I showed my friend the actual charging unit and said "I need a mains cable to stick in there." he took it and the batteries home and located a cable. They are now charging back at his place. Phew.