FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ28 Seamless to Seattle , indeed !
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Chang11
I've been flying EVA Airlines for over 25 years with no problems ever. EVA delivers what you pay for.

Because Singapore was starting to service Seattle, I thought I would try because of their reputation. So purchased Singapore tickets BKK to SYD RT for the family in July and SEA to BKK RT in Sep. So far every flight has been a problem. On way to Sydney wife & 7 year old daughter bounced out of bulkhead seats which I paid for which boarding pass indicated they were in proper seats, when another couple laid claim to. Then relocated mother/daughter seats not together.

On all segments I paid for bulkhead seats for all. On return from Sydney my boarding pass indicated non-bulkhead seat in middle row. I had ticket showing bulkhead purchase for that flight. The on ground customer service and post flight customer service refused to do anything for me other than refund the bulkhead fee.

The flight was late into Singapore and I missed my BKK connection. They just automatically booked me for the next Singapore flight, which was the next day. I had a nonrefundable reservation at Conrad Hotel and Limousine service by the hotel. Told them I needed to be in BKK today. Flying J class with Singapore, they booked me Economy on TG. When get to the airport in BKK no luggage. No luggage for 3 days and no way to talk to Singapore Airlines customer service on the phone for weekend in. Only clothes that I flew in for 3 days. Nothing from Singapore about refunding difference of segment downgraded to economy.

I don't think there's anything Singapore Airlines can do to win me over. On the return I have a 9 hour overnight layover in Singapore. EVA schedules to SEA/BKK are far superior to Singapore's. So far I have to believe Singapore is the most over rated airline.
Pity about the delay and other issues .

Our LH flights after , SEA - FRA - ATH , was tight even without delay . Coincidentally , we had something similar happen . We made it and others along with another passenger ‘ s dog , but not our luggage or theirs .

Fortunately , we learnt from past missing luggage incidents ( CI , UA , etcetera ) so carry on another set to change in / or for inflight too these days .
Amanzoe where we stayed provided FOC PJs & such , thankfully , till our luggage arrived a day / an evening later .
MOBKK may have done similar for you unlike Conrad .

SQ on return , from MXP , also did remarkably well for us , even though she slipped somewhat for us since B747 days ..
Flown them since inception

YMMV
But hopefully your return fight , SQ28 ? , is up to SQ norm for us and your issues get addressed by them , compensation even if with miles .

SEA customs / immigration system is mess . Cannot wait for the new international terminal to open !

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 1, 2019 at 1:00 am