FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet results not showing on Skyscanner. Intentional or technical issue?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:02 pm
sacha.fournier

Exclamation Easyjet results not showing on Skyscanner. Intentional or technical issue?

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted already or is in the wrong forum. I am new here so please be kind!

Background: I am currently doing some research on the meta-search engines, specifically around which one is likely to find the cheapest prices.

Whilst performing a number of searches, I've noticed that where easyJet flights are appearing on Skyscanner, the option to book directly with easyJet is not advertised or available. The impact of this is that Skyscanner now shows an inflated price from an OTA (mostly Expedia on my searches) for the easyJet flights, rather than the cheaper price available directly with the airline.

You are still able to book and see easyJet flights, but booking is offered at a premium price with an OTA instead. For information, I am currently also comparing results on Kayak/Momondo/Cheapflights and Google Flights. All of these meta-search engines are displaying the Easyjet direct prices.

I cannot currently upload images due to being a new user, however an example which is still live is:

LTN - AMS, 28/03/2020 15:10 - 17:20
AMS - LTN, 04/04/2020 08:45 - 08:55

So my question (which I have posed to Skyscanner and easyJet on Twitter) is whether this is intentional (maybe due to some commercial fallout?), or is this simply a technical issue which is likely to be rectified shortly.

Thank you all in advance for any insight. If this is a deliberate move, my comparison results would mean that Skyscanner is now uncompetitive on a number of the most popular routes out of the UK. Happy to share results if anyone is interested.

Sacha

EDIT: Forgot to include the prices. Skyscanner cheapest price for above route is £65 VS £47 on all other mentioned search engines.

Last edited by sacha.fournier; Sep 30, 2019 at 11:23 pm Reason: Forgot to include prices