FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United will begin selling Premium Plus on some domestic routes from 2 Oct. 2019.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:09 pm
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Neophytetraveler
If you didn’t have status it was 140 dollars per seat per way when I purchased. Then I paid the “business” upgrade again and my seats were still taken away. I am big mad about this.
They should definitely honor this.

Originally Posted by fumje
There is a triple asterisk (***) attached to the CONUS and P.t. entries, but there's no footnote for such.

It seems to me quite a significant change / devaluation if they are adding fare class minimum to P.t. flights.

Overall this is a mess of an implementation. I wonder how many empty P+ seats will be flying in the first part of October.

I think anyone (regardless of status) booked on a 781 after October should have a strong argument for getting a reroute or moving to a different time, with this change.
I disagree. If someone paid an upcharge for the PP seat, they should get it. But with a month's notice, that should be plenty of time to confirm a seat in Y+, which is all that status guarantees you. The airline botched the implementation, but people who book in various ways to get the absolute perfect seat on an economy fare know full well it isn't guaranteed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 30, 2019 at 9:25 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member