FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:37 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by levilevi
You make a good point... when I'm there, I'm usually using services (paid booking of conference room for a meeting) or printing or even swiping to move between floors/spaces, so I figured my digital "footprint" shows I'm there... but theres no harm in checking in , as you say, to avoid being marked potentially as an abuser of the system.
I actually asked the front desk if I had to check in -- while they said I was supposed to do so, they don't actually record anything if I check in. Which is to say I'm "supposed" to check in to make sure I have a right to be there, but all they do is consult the list of names. Note that I have never been explicitly asked for my ID, they seem to just take my word for it. I guess they're relying on the fact that my card won't work if I wasn't registered in the system.

So, apparently you don't "really" need to check in -- checking in doesn't prove you were there. Maybe using your keycard does something, who knows, but despite what it says in the T&C's they don't seem to really care much about no shows.