FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Funny Situation at HND First lounge - Poor me
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:08 pm
Circusplaza

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Funny Situation at HND First lounge - Poor me

I flew Sun from HND to SFO in Premium Economy full ticket, I saw there was a business empty seat so while in the lounge I went to the counter and asked for any upgrade possibilities.
As I am not JAL member they told me they cannot do with Avios, however they will price it for me.

I went back to my chair to spot planes while having a drink and the JAL member came and her English was not good but her willingness to please and communicate was enough. She wrote in a paper $280 so I handed my Amex and she said I could stay in the seat, she will process and bring back the new boarding pass.
After 10 or 15 mins she is back with same paper and said, it was a mistake and she added one zero at the end of the price, she said; "Sorry I mistake", so price was $2880 for a middle seat in row 10 after my ticket was already pretty expensive, so I declined.

Talking to a friend, she said I should have talked to the manager and asked for the upgrade originally priced, but honestly I did not want to make noise specially to leave in a bad position the JAL employee who missed the amount or exchange rate , so I flew back in a nice Prem Economy seat but not as comfy as the business seat.

Any thoughts? What would you do in my situation?