FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big UPGRADE Thread – all you need to know about AY upgrades
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:06 am
Post Scriptum

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
"The other department" had answered to the query in the system with NO, but did insist with CS to push them again. Also stripping the request to only 3 would be okay but now lets see how AY actually handles this kind of case. I would fully understand the hesitance of RM of the flight would already be upgraded to max but the EF-data it does not seem to be realistic.
Likely need to have another call to start shuffling upgrade requests to SH-upgrades etc.
Ok, after a rather strict call, few hours later whole inbound leg cleared i.e. 4X upgrades including the voucher upgrades. So, all well in the end but would it have happened without the last call? I doubt AY really wants to increase the number of calls to CS, so it might be better to set somewhat clear rules on upgrades...at least the "privelege upgrades=made with vouchers, not with credit card spend" should clear more easily etc.

But still, great for AY acting for customer request, not so great making the customer to start being bit annoyed.