FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help, booked international flight, middle name does not match on ticket
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:26 pm
lo2e
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Internatin
I booked a ticket through a 3rd party website, and noticed that my last name shows up twice. For example it says First Name, Last Name, Last Name where my middle name should be. My name is uncommon, so it's not Jon Smith or anything like that.

This is for a international flight leaving the US, is this going to cause a problem? Tried talking to the 3rd party website, but they want to charge a fee for cancelling the ticket / modifying.

I know it was dumb to book through them (and after this I never will). The name is not misspelled, but my real middle name is not in there. Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Internatin. Do you happen to have a screen shot of when you put your name into the 3rd party website? If you have that, I might take a chance at contacting the airline and letting them know that you typed it in correctly, it was just the OTA that messed it up. I would hope they would at least attempt to be helpful, considering the OTA is not wanting to be helpful at all.

Depending on which 3rd party company you used, I've sometimes found contacting them through Twitter has gotten problems/complaints resolved in a timely manner with various companies, so I might try that route and see if you're successful.

Another tactic might be to call the 3rd party site back and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Good luck, please report back with how it goes for you.