FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:00 pm
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Received an email regarding my upcoming 5 night stay:

We look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Vancouver for your upcoming stay.

Ahead of your visit, we wanted to make you aware of a potential labor union situation you may experience during your stay from demonstrations and / or work stoppage by Vancouver's local UNITE HERE labor union.

Due to the work stoppage, we have modified a number of our operations to maintain a consistent level of service offered.

Housekeeping: Guest rooms will not be serviced daily. A variety of amenities, towels, and bottles of water will be available in the lobby. Please inquire with lobby staff to obtain additional items. If you are in need of towel or trash service, please contact the hotel operator prior to 12 noon and an associate will attend to your room prior to 5pm.

Mosaic Grille: Open daily for breakfast, we will be offering a $15 breakfast buffet inclusive of a selection of hot and continental items as well as a coffee and juice station.
Breakfast 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM

Mosaic Bar: Hours of operation will be 5:00pm – 9:00pm, serving a small selection of chef's choice appetizers as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase.

Hotel Access: We recommend you carry your hotel key card with you at all times during your stay.

As with a number of hotels in Vancouver, the Hyatt Regency Vancouver is in negotiations with UNITE HERE, and we are optimistic about reaching a fair contract in the best interests of the hotel and our colleagues as quickly as possible.

We are available if you have any concerns about these events and we encourage you to let us know if there's anything we can do to make your experience at our hotel better.

As always, thank you for choosing to stay with us and please reach out with any questions.

Regards,

Lin Schatz
General Manager
Hyatt Regency Vancouver

First of all the email didn't come from Lin but a general mailbox in Omaha. This alone leaves a bad taste IMHO. I also don't like that they send this unpersonalized email without mentioning the remedy for club guests and that the lounge is in fact closed. Why do they mention the "a $15 breakfast buffet" ?

I paid with points and prices at alternate properties are through the roof right now so definitely won't cancel my stay just to end up being 2k out of pocket. I'm foreseeing a pretty bad week here and should that ring true will seek at least 50% refund of my points. This is entirely the hotel owners fault letting this matter go on for months so they can just as well bear the cost of compensating guests.