FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Business - Can I Delay My Onboard Meal?
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:37 am
maat777

Programs: AA EXP / CK
Originally Posted by bryanb
Will AA allow me to dine later than the rest of the cabin on an international business flight? Or is it at the discretion of the cabin crew?

This is my first time trying Cathay Pacific's noodle bar and buffet, and I was absolutely impressed with everything from the dan dan mien (sesame sauce noodles), the fresh-steamed basket of dim sum, and even the buffet curry. All of it was definitely better food than they ever serve on board AA Flagship Business, so I decided to go ahead and sample it all.
I fly LHR-LAX in F or J 8-10 times per year. ALWAYS go to the CX lounge. The Dan Dan are excellent, as are the Wonton. Just often need to order two they are so good!

That said, I end up skipping the starters (esp the nuts which can be sneaky filling!) and just taking the salad and main course. I've only done 'Express Meal' on shorter, E Coast flights where I want to eat then sleep right away, and this is great as you can be done before they've gotten past the table settings for other passengers. I haven't tried delaying the meal as asked though.

Also - to be filed in the 'least substantive things you can complain about' thread, the old 'Dine Upon Request' trademark irked me like you wouldn't believe every time I saw it.