FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TRIP REPORT: The big Europe (via Africa) trip 2019- TL, QF, JQ, BA, IB, VY, LM
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:27 am
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
29th June 2019
QF604 MEL-BNE
0710-0920
Qantas 737
Seat 14E

Brisbane side trip was only really for the purposes of spending a couple of days with pants, who had recurrent simulator training. The loss of Canberra stop over meant most of the time was spent getting supplies for the bigger trip, so I shan’t bore you with details

The last minute nature of the flight change resulted in me missing out on my preferred window seat, but an exit row middle was a perfectly acceptable substitute
There was also further breakfast which it would have been rude not to partake of- a “bacon egg and relish muffin”
Qantas shortfall Y catering is far more hit than miss and this was no exception- pretty respectable offering

Flight was 1 minute (!!) late landing, however this still put me around 4 hours ahead of what should have been my arrival time

I noticed before take off from MEL that the 2nd booking had not been cancelled when the reroute occurred. Theoretically this meant I could have cancelled the flight for a credit (voucher for value less change fee, in this case $99). However I decided to be reasonable and uphold my part of the bargain.
The flight subsequently auto cancelled as a no-show

I was painlessly able to obtain original routing credit from QFF