FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:00 pm
lifeisart

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for all the comments.

I was very shocked when I originally spoke to 2 people (including one who said she is a supervisor) and they both said they wanted to help but couldn’t and this has been the way for months and I needed to read the terms and conditions, so it’s my fault and nothing they can do for me.

I did call back again and spoke to a woman who quickly told me that I should have been charged the original price and that she would manually credit the difference in points. She said it’s confirmed now but it would take awhile to show up in my account.

Any ideas how long it will take?

I really appreciate this 3rd agent’s willingness to help. And I am absolutely floored by how the previous two agents behaved. It astounds me that Marriott agents and supervisors don’t know their own policies and are quick to tell its guest that they are the ones in the wrong. Such a big departure from SPG days.

Fingers crossed the points will arrive in my account and I don’t have to play phone agent roulette again.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Send a message to the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker team here on FT and ask for their assistance. You also can just hang up call again (HUCA) and likely will find another agent who knows better.

Typically, they just gift you the difference in points to make up for the increased points cost in such cases.

Good luck! It should work out just fine. Just another artifact of the new changes and the sloppy IT...and untrained customer service agents.