FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels.com - extending the expiry date of rewards nights ????
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:36 am
ens100

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
I am just vaguely worried, probably for no good reason whatsoever. But on this subject, I keep getting emails from hotels.com saying, "Hurry, redeem you 4 award nights", " Get your skates on...", etc. Now I have had plenty of recent activity on the account and yes, I have 4 reward nights of varying amounts to redeem (varying from EUR50 to EUR95). I presume that there is no end of year hard expiry for reward nights and they are subject to the same expiry rules as the activity on the account, namely one activity (stay) every 12 months.

I think they are just rattling my cage to use the damn things, right, not indirectly messaging me that they're going to expire? After all, unused reward nights are liability for them.
If you log in on hotels.com and then go to "your rewards" - about a third of the way down you should see a message saying something along theses lines: "Book and stay by MMM DD, YYYY to keep your collected nights and any reward nights you haven’t redeemed. (You have 12 months from the last date you collected or redeemed nights)."