FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2017-2019)
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:37 pm
vandesa

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Thinking of trying a different approach to getting 2 calendar years worth of credits against an E+ subscription pass.

I am not status and have no plans to fly enough to re-earn status on United. But a 6'0" flying is generally torture without E+.

I have a few flights coming up and planned, probably 5 - 6 round trips in the next 6 months and could throw a few more in there to take advantage, and at just around $100 per segment buying E+ seats, it hardly seems worth it. But a handful of flights and you are already at the value of an E+ subscription.

I still have yet to use my AMEX Aspire $250 Airline credit yet for this year. So was thinking of using that credit to by the NA & CA version of the pass, as I have flights planned in the US and in the Caribbean and Canada over the next 6 months, but next year with a new AMEX Aspire credit I would upgrade to the Global one for some Global flights planned.

Has anyone done an upgrade of the subscription, over 2 calendar years to, optimize their allocation of $500 (2X$250) towards the $799 Global Annual pass (less any lost value on the initial pass between the time of initial purchase and the upgrade purchase)?

Any thoughts?