FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would a FF tax stop you chasing BAEC status?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:19 am
callum9999

Originally Posted by alvinlwh
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...port-by-2020-0
"Changi Airport will have access to third runway by the end of this decade to cope with a growing number of flights, said Minister of State for Transport, Josephine Teo."

I am a Singaporean and I can tell you that there was no "murmur" from Singaporeans about this. Nor had I seen any "murmur" from the world at large about it. Or are you going to dismiss this case as irrelevant too?
Well you can't tell me that because, as I've already stated, your anecdotes are pointless and don't mean anything. Not to mention, Singapore is a somewhat oppressive state so I wouldn't expect much open dissent anyway (not that I'm aware of any major reasons why people would be opposed to it?). Maybe you can't grasp that serious discussion needs facts to get anywhere and not "accept what I tell you" precisely because you grew up in such a country?

But no, Singapore building a third runway with ease doesn't really satisfy my desire to see evidence that "almost any country" does it with ease - you've given one example out of 200. I would encourage you to respond to your many other arguments that I've (in my opinion, obviously) disproven instead of trying to prove this one though because yes - it's irrelevant to this discussion! Climate change was not the reason LHR took so long to get a third runway - no-one even knew about it back then...