FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In Bali, stay at Uluwatu or Ubud?
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:05 am
bookeew

Programs: LH Senator, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
The monkeys at Alila Ubud are quite awful. They flipped tables at the pool, broke glasses, seriously they were quite the nuisance.
We stayed at the Alila Ubud this summer, and had absolutely no problems with the monkeys. In fact, they came by quite often (including entire families in the morning; we stayed at one of the villas with a private terrace, which made it particularly easy for them to drop by), but they ran away almost immediately or just sit around and looked at you. Of course, if you entice them with food, they might engage, but that doesn't seem like a good idea given that they are wild animals. The same disclaimer applies to street dogs.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’ve never had problems in the Ubud area with the Macaques, outside of the Sacred Monkey Forrest. I’m surprised that Alila does in Ubud. I found the Macaques near the cliffs of Uluwatu to be pretty aggressive, stealing bags, eyeglasses, and other stuff that you’d have to hire a “fixer” to get back if you’re lucky.
We had absolutely no problems with the monkeys at the Alila Ubud, but ones at the Sacred Monkey Forest and Uluwatu temple were pretty aggressive (jumping on people, grabbing bags, etc.)