FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew goes the extrAA mile in Recovering Phone Lost in Seat
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:20 pm
travelingdrsuz

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Twitter! And the Website under Compliment. They DO read it. I witnessed an incident of an irrational and ridiculous woman going off on a gate agent in an airport when we were delayed this year. The agent's supervisor happened to walk up not long after and I asked him how I could best give her accolades with AA. (He, of course, was quite happy and that was part of it). He told me if I had a Twitter, that was the very best way. So I tweeted about her with her name. I fly into that city often, and it's midsize so I see a lot of the same people. I saw her again three months later and actually called her by name. I introduced myself--she had also helped me with my connection. I thanked her for being so awesome and mentioned tweeting about her. She said, "That was you? That was HUGE. They sent that tweet to me. It made my day. You just don't know what a big deal that was to me." I later learned that AA team members can get bonuses or prizes, drawings (maybe someone knows exactly?) from getting praise and compliments like that. So AA really values that within their culture. And for the most part I see it. Every company has some bad eggs, but my experience is mostly positive like this. By the way, I just saw this gate agent again last week. She is STILL thanking me for that tweet. We chatted for several minutes--at 11 p.m. as she was cheerfully guiding passengers behind me to the right airport exit. I went straight to my hotel--and tweeted about her again!