FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK introduces Basic Economy for Domestic Flights under the name: EcoFly
Old Sep 26, 19, 12:28 pm
cagcag

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
From today, Turkish Airlines has three different ticketing options in Economy class for domestic flight bookings instead of two.
Economy Promotional and Economy Flexible options have been changed to EcoFly, ExtraFly, and PrimeFly.

EcoFly would be the Basic Economy for Turkish Airlines only allowing 15kgs of checked baggage per passenger with no free seat selection, no changes and no refunds similar to Pegasus Airlines. However, TK and *A elites are able to benefit from their extra baggage allowance and TK elites ( not *A ) could benefit from the free seat selection option. Passengers would not able to select their seats for free during OLCI and they would be auto-assigned. Passengers would have the option to select their seats by paying ₺25 for each flight.

ExtraFly would be the semi-flex option for domestic flights allowing 20kgs of checked baggage per passenger and an option to change and cancel tickets with a fee. Also, this option would give 250 extra bonus miles for M&S members alongside with free seat selection for every passenger ( all seats except bulkhead seats and exit-rows ).

PrimeFly would be the flexible option which was not available in the past and would offer a full refund if the passenger decides to cancel the flight and would offer unlimited free changes until 2 hours before the flight. Also, this option would provide 25kgs of free checked baggage in addition to 500 extra bonus miles for M&S members. All passengers could also choose their seats ( all seats except bulkhead seats and exit-rows ) for free when they buy a PrimeFly option.

This changes only apply for domestic flight only itineraries and international itineraries that contains a domestic flight is not affected by these changes.
It's expectable that Turkish Airlines could introduce a similar format on international flights on a future date.
ISTFlyer. Could you advise me of the applicable fare bases for these economy fares? I have already booked and paid for a domestic flight for 21 November. As a *A Gold could I without penalty reticket same flight/date which would allow me increased luggage allowance and free seat selection.