FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2017-2019)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:39 pm
bearchemist

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I just booked an award flight to SE Asia and got reimbursed for the ~$20 taxes/fees AND $29 preferred seat selection. So it appears award fees work.....at least sub-$100 level. Fortunately United seems to bill all their award fees as separate items.
Originally Posted by Ketawa
8/6 - Chose United on Amex Hilton Honors Aspire.
8/6 - A couple hours later, booked one-way Economy award flight, one segment operated by Lufthansa, $96.93 in fees/taxes. This was never credited.
8/13 - Booked one-way Economy award flight, $40.10 in fees/taxes.
8/13 - Paid $112.00 for Economy Plus upgrade on second flight in separate transaction.
8/16 - Meter went down and credit issued for $112.00 Economy Plus upgrade only.
8/16 - Paid $169.00 for Economy Plus upgrade on first flight in separate transaction.
8/18 - Credit issued for remaining $138.00 balance.

I didn't have any luck getting the credit to work for the fees/taxes on my award flights. Both award flights were international between the United States and Europe.
These two data points seem to conflict at the first glimpse... I wonder if the operating airlines (even all booked via UA miles) make any difference? I assume the low fee/tax to SE Asia was on UA metal, while the US-Europe flights were on LH and another non-UA carrier?