FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:51 pm
ArthurSFO11
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Hi, I'm looking for advice on BXP1 upgrades and general upgrade priority.

I'm flying JFK-SFO in exactly a week with a companion. Currently Expert Flyer shows J7 and the seatmap shows 15 open seats. I'm Platinum with AA.

I called Business Extra to apply two BXP1 certificates, and they said I would have to split the record locator in order to do so. However, if I do that, I can't waitlist my companion along with myself for VIP upgrades (using 500-mile stickers).

Does anyone have advice on what would clear first? I'm assuming AA will end up upgrading some people, given the amount of available seats (somewhere between 7-15). If that's the case, am I more likely to be upgraded with BXP1 or through my Platinum status? I don't want to split the record locator, have the BXP1 not clear, and then only get upgraded myself without my companion. That said, I recognize Platinum status is close to nothing, so I don't think it's smart to rely on it. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!