FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:28 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by synergistic
Not that I'm actually considering this, but would cancelation of our return flight be grounds to cancel the whole trip, or a portion thereof? It is not a package, the only part that directly concerns Thomas Cook is the TA leg of the return flight, but both legs were booked together through Thomas Cook. The only reason we have a sleeper train booked to Brussels from Munich is to catch our flight home. Now it appears that our cheapest option is to find our way to London or Paris instead, but that would render our nonrefundable train tickets worthless.
I think this would be covered -- flight from MUC is cancelled so you fly direct from BRU (or by way of LON or PAR) and abandon your BRU-MUC train, I think the Trip Interruption insurance would reimburse you for the train (assuming insolvency is still covered under the Aug 2019 terms). Either way if the cheapest way home is to abandon the train tickets, do that as it will be cheaper whether or not the insurance reimburses you for the train tickets.

Can't say I've seen a report of a parallel situation on this thread but seems like a good shot. A covered event triggered an interruption of your trip, and you missed out on some pre-paid travel plans.

Make sure to try to cancel the train tickets, or have the terms showing cancellation isn't possible. If there is residual value you'll have to wait for the value to expire.