FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:59 am
catsassy

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Smile Late August 2019 stay

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Any idea what room category is used for Glob. suite upgrades and which one for premium suite points upgrades? Also, anyone who stayed after renovations, how was brekky and dining options? TIA
Stayed here for 2 nights on points recently having previously stayed here in 2015 pre renovation on a paid stay.
Upgraded on arrival to a suite on the 4th floor with little balconies in the lounge, bedroom and bathroom overlooking Place Colette and Le Nemours.
The updated rooms are very nice. The welcome gift was red wine plus a packet of cheese biscuits.

Compared with our previous paid stay where we had enjoyed a larger suite with 2 bathrooms which looked out over Avenue de l' Opera there were some little improvements and some slight disappointments.

The rooms are much improved but our first stay had the better view.
The service was hit and miss but it was very early days after reopening and many members of staff were new. This was most apparent at breakfast as dishes were forgotten on the first day and the service was slow. The food is a similar quality to pre reno but no more honeycomb and high end honey on offer on the buffet. There is a juice station where you can juice your own cocktail of fruit/veg which I liked. Overall we thought the breakfast was good and once the service improves it will hopefully be as good as the pre renovation.

The cocktail I ordered in the hotel bar was excellent. It was whisky based and included some lapsang souchang tea sprinkled on the top.

We were given a little booklet/map of the area by the front desk with suggestions of places to visit in the 2nd arr. that locals enjoy. Number 1 on the map was a spice shop that was closed, not for the day but permanently which didn't bode well so we abandoned the self guided tour!
We did take the 1 hour free tour of the Caves du Louvre which was interesting and included a wine tasting.

The gym opened on the day we arrived and has a view of the Louvre. My husband said it was small but adequate and obviously brand new.