FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: aavacations.com / AA Vacations flight & vacation package questions, discussion
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
Does anyone know if the PDP can be used for changes only once (and then it is considered used)? I want to "upfare" (the fare bucket in the same cabin), and this may require to use the PDP for the change fee? Would AA vacations be able to do it? ...I am nervous they will mess my reservation and the asterisk, lol, but I guess I have to call AA vacations for this, right?
I wondered the same thing myself as I just got PDP for the first time. I called to change an airport and inquired. Seems that it is not a one-time thing. Changes may be made up until the deadline (I think it's something like up until flight tme?) as many times as you want, with only the fare difference. In my case, it went down, so I got money back. Then I went up in class (to R), so it went up a little for that.

The re-issued reservation will almost definitely lose the asterisk in the email you receive, but it will still be in the actual reservation, at least IME. What I usually do is ask them to add Agent Notes that indicate "Special Fare" just so I have it in there. But I've always considered the original with-asterisk email as my confirmation.

Cheers.