FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK introduces Basic Economy for Domestic Flights under the name: EcoFly
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:34 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
I couldn’t find the “seat selection” benefit for Elite and Elite Plus. Is this an insider information, or did TK already update this information anywhere?

My second question would be about the “extra miles.” I wonder if the non-flexible class would still give 150 miles. If yes, then the “flexible” class will now issue 750 miles instead of 600.

EDIT: Answering my first question, I have found this when trying to book a flight. Elite and Elite Plus apparently can now choose seats for free when flying with Anadolu Jet as well. If there is no devaluation in terms of status miles earned from domestic flights, this looks like a positive change for members with status.

If you book via turkishairlines.com, it would give the status miles for the lowest available fare bucket for sale.
So the flexible option would give 150 status miles and 650 bonus miles.
However, a TA could book you into Q fare class with the flexible option which would be 600 status miles and 1100 bonus miles.

Edit: You have answered your own question for Q2. A sales office or the hotline may be helpful in booking fare classes that would give 300 and 600 status miles.