FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching between the BA16 and BA12 at SIN
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:07 pm
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I'm looking at a SYD trip and on the way back I notice that you can take the BA16 all the way through or switch to the BA12 which gives a slightly longer layover. I’d like to change to the BA12 for both the extra time (even if it is only 20 minutes) and for the A380 which should be a bit more comfortable.
If you're going to plan to do this, you have to have the flexibility to take an overnight delay if something goes wrong. If you're looking at NW 2019/20, the connection time from BA16 to BA12 looks like it's 1:45, which is not generous. If BA16 is delayed departing SYD by 90 minutes or more, your connection will probably be toast, and there would then be a distinct possibility that any alternative flight won't be until the next morning at the earliest. (If you were booked on BA16 all the way through, you might just be two or three hours late arriving in London.) So I have sometimes taken one approach and sometimes taken the other, depending on the circumstances of each particular trip.