FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Used Google Flights, Euro non-BE fare, transfer to UA.com, now USD BE fare-no warning
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:24 am
Xab22

Used Google Flights, Euro non-BE fare, transfer to UA.com, now USD BE fare-no warning

I booked an international flight via the United Airlines website, and during the reservation process, there was no indication that the flight was basic economy. (I have booked basic economy tickets before and normally they warn you all over that you’re buying a basic economy ticket.) I chose a seat for free, paid for the ticket, and then received the “your reservation is processing" email with the booking details.

At the bottom of the email, it states the baggage policy, saying the first bag is free.

Then when I received the actual confirmation email, it said the first baggage was $60, which was not the case when I booked the ticket.

Fare classes: K and T (which I guess is BE for international?)

My question is what I can do in this situation. Customer service said they can’t change the reservation. I’m wondering if I can go to the airport and talk to the agent directly about this situation to see if they can waive the fee? Can I just print out the initial email and show them that it says the first bag is free and also that I was able to choose a seat without any fees?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Xab22; Sep 22, 2019 at 4:01 am