FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:43 pm
EGW1

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I would love some help in making a choice of where to stay - currently I have both booked for next week 25-29 September.

I am a HH and Bonvoy Gold member - and I had both the Conrad and Marriott price match third party sites but that means I cant decide which to keep...

The Conrad is going to cost me approx. £670 (with my price match) for a grand deluxe room and they have included lounge access and breakfast.
The JW Marriott is going to cost approx £780 (with price match) for a studio room and breakfast.

In theory I should be entitled to an upgrade in both as a gold member but the Conrad gives me executive lounge access.

What would you guys do?

Stayed regularly at both, wouldn’t pay more for one over the other. If the Conrad is cheaper, easy decision! If you are particularly into hotels that are a bit more funky, artwork, and you really want to be at the south beach location or use of the spa, you could justify the extra, but otherwise not necessary. Conrad is a great hotel - personally having stayed about 100 nights this year, I find the lounge a bit repetitive on food options and over capacity (JW less so) but I suspect for 4 days it’ll be good enough variety.

Last edited by EGW1; Sep 21, 2019 at 11:48 pm