FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Revenue Management illogic
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
GrayAnderson

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I mean, there's plenty of nominal inanity to go around. When Delta pulled NYC-Virginia connections via ATL earlier this year, it had the (for me infuriating) effect off yanking the ability to fly into PHF (ORF and RIC are still doable). For a while, I believe the rules stated "flight must be direct or nonstop"...but since the only airport DL serves from PHF is ATL, this passive-aggressively barred such tickets.

(The way this combines with the erratic equipment allocations on JFK-ORF/RIC meant that instead of flying home on Delta, I took the train home on Amtrak. I was coming in from a BA flight and I had absolutely no desire to mess around with a domestic coach baggage allowance after a week-and-a-half international trip, and AA is just annoyingly expensive. As an aside: Yes, Delta, I'd happily pay for a nominal "First Class" seat in the first row of Satan's Chariot to attach all of the associated privileges to the fare, and if that had been on offer you might have actually gotten my business on that trip.)